Strawberry-Vanilla Ice Cream
So you’re looking for a tasty summer treat but have run out of ideas? Tarts and cakes are too heavy and popsicles too light, so we think a Cuisinart ice cream recipe should be just what you’re looking for!
We’ve opted for strawberry-vanilla, as sometimes you want a sweet ice cream with a refreshing, summery undertone. Luckily, there’s a very high probability that home made ice cream using Cuisinart ice cream maker recipes will come out delicious and far yummier than those you’ll find in the grocery store or served from a vendor.
What you Will Need for your Fruity Cuisinart Ice Cream Recipes
- One medium/large saucepan: preferably non-stick
- One large bowl or jug: the right size to sit in your fridge, preferably Pyrex but this is not essential.
- One large mixing spoon or spatula
- One Cuisinart ice cream maker: make sure you research your options before you choose a specific model, as there are a few in this range to choose from! Check out our reviews and product information on Cuisinart ice cream makers.
- 5 medium size eggs: you will only be using the yolks, so if you can find a good recipe for another dish just using the whites then nothing will go to waste! (Try meringue, raspberry/strawberry pavlova or key lime pie).
- 5 1/3oz superfine sugar
- 2 small vanilla pods: dried. These are usually found with other cooking spices.
- 25 fluid oz cream: you can use double cream but it will be very sweet. Single cream is best.
- Around 15 medium sized fresh strawberries: wild strawberries make a delicious tasting strawberry-milkshake style ice cream, but normal strawberries work just as well. You can choose to blend them into a strawberry sauce, or simply dice them for chunks.
How to Make your Strawberry-Vanilla Cuisinart Ice Cream Recipe
All ice creams come out best when they’re mixed properly before going into the machine. We recommend you start by making a custard.
1. Firstly, you need to ensure the bowl in your Cuisinart ice cream maker is sufficiently frozen. Check the instructions, and if it has an internal freezer mechanism then you can skip this stage; it’s ready to go any time!
2. Separate the five egg yolks from the whites and beat the yolks in your saucepan. Add the sugar and the cream and place this on a medium heat, stirring constantly.
3. When the mixture is piping hot (but not quite boiling) and the sugar has dissolved, remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool a little. Once at a reasonable temperature, transfer to the bowl/jug.
4. Cut down one side of your vanilla pods, scrape out the seeds and add them and the halves of the pods to the mixture.
5. Either dice or blend your washed and de-headed strawberries, add to the mixture and place in the fridge until cold. Remove the vanilla pods, leaving the seeds.
6. Pour your mixture carefully into your Cuisinart ice cream maker and choose the right setting for the texture you want. Wait the specified time and Voila! Your sumptuous home made strawberry-vanilla ice cream is ready to eat.